As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $47 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8 to 4
This role requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to a valid medical or religious accommodation.
This role will be responsible for purification of recombinant AAV-based clinical candidates through chromatography, ultrafiltration and diafiltration, in addition to basic characterization. The ideal applicant should have experience in protein and/or viral vector purification, UF/DF and biochemical assays. This person should be able to maintain up-to-date knowledge of pertinent literature and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to efficiently present results to project team members.
- Purification and analytical characterization of AAV-based vectors
- Support the development of new protocols for AAV production, purification and characterization
- Maintain organized and detailed electronic records, submitted in a timely manner
- Report data to team members through written reports and direct collaboration
- Degree in Biochemistry, Biology or related field and 1+ years of industry experience
- Hands-on experience with FPLCs and filtration techniques, with a capacity to troubleshoot and optimize new protocols for purification
- Experience with basic analytical techniques (LAL assays, SDS-PAGE, Western blots)
- Ability to multitask, adapt to highly dynamic environments and effectively prioritize
- Hands-on experience with AAV purification is a plus
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and bench scale bioreactors
skills: Assay Verification, Chromatography, Protein Purification
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.