Greater Boston contract chemistry organization servicing the pharmaceutical, biotech, specialty chemical, and medical device industries is actively seeking (2) Manufacturing Technician/Chemist I starting ASAP!! Shift will be 8:30am to 5:00pm (Monday thru Friday - no weekends) - The Manufacturing Technician/Chemist I will be responsible for performing a variety of functions in support of the company's mission to provide contract manufacturing, formulation and pre-formulation development as well as analytical chemical analyses of test samples utilizing a variety of analytical techniques and instrumentation while conforming to appropriate regulatory requirements, including SOP's, Protocols, US FDA Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and US FDA current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).The Manufacturing Technician/Chemist requires a chemistry degree, possibly some heavy lifting, troubleshooting of manufacturing/mixing/cleanroom related instrumentation and has experience in a cGMP manufacturing facility or cleanroom experience is a plus.
The company offers a competitive annual salary, 2-3wks of paid vacation time, 10 holidays, sick time, Blue Cross/Blue Shield and 401K. Great location south of Boston with access from Rhode Island, Plymouth and Cape Cod via commuter rail lines. Plenty of great shopping spots and eateries!!
location: Canton, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 55,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
Critical Performance Areas
- Perform routine analytical procedures utilizing a variety of analytical techniques with minimal supervision.
- Execution of manufacturing processes in a controlled environment of drug products, intermediates, non-solid drug formulations, or Chemic' high purity excipients under the direction of a senior level scientist/chemist.
- Accurately record and document raw data, observations and pharmacy usage for test samples.
- Technical competence in operation and maintenance of process and manufacturing equipment.
- Effective documentation/communication of experimental parameters, batch records, procedures and results.
- Ensure that work conforms to appropriate regulatory requirements, including SOP's, Protocols, US FDA Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and US FDA current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Utilization of analytical methods, including HPLC, GC, LC/MS, FTIR.
- Knowledge of analytical chemistry, manufacturing processes and regulatory compliance pertinent to the work being completed.
- Preparation for analysis, samples in a variety of matrices, using wet chemistry, chromatographic and spectroscopic methods.
- Responsible for daily support of studies, including keeping management informed of study performance, timelines, and proper compilation of data books.
- Properly operate manufacturing equipment and analytical instrumentation.
- Effectively interact with management, senior staff members, co-workers and external contacts.
- Strict adherence to Lab Safety Guidelines and demonstrate chemical safety, proper chemical use, chemical labeling, storage and housekeeping.
- Accurate and timely completion of employee timesheets.
- BA/BS in related science or completion of Associate degree in Chemistry/Chemistry Technical Program, (BA/BS degree in Chemistry is preferable) and a min. of 1-3 years experience.
- GMP manufacturing experience
- Cleanroom experience
- Ability to work in a team environment where timely delivery is essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
skills: HPLC, Chemistry, Chromatography, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
EOEDisclaime For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.