As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. With a hefty goal of discovering medical breakthroughs to treat devastating neurological ailments, our partner is focused on furthering research and finding ways to improve our healthcare system. You can feel secure in the fact that you will be paving the way to life changing practices when you work for this well-known team! This role requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to a valid medical or religious accommodation.
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $29.84 - 35.10 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The Analytical Development department is seeking a motivated and energetic person to evaluate a new instrument for the high throughput analysis of proteins and gene therapy products. The group focuses on developing novel methods for the release and characterization testing of biopharmaceuticals, interfaces with other groups to help them answer structural/functional questions about their biotherapeutic samples, and supports internal and partner projects to deliver required analytical data that is an integral part of regulatory filings. CE-SDS is our workhorse method for the determination of purity and the characterization of impurities in protein and gene therapy products. Specifically, the co-op will evaluate a new instrument, the BioPhase 8800 from Sciex, designed for the multiplexed CE-SDS analysis of proteins and adeno-associated viruses (AAV) and compare it with our currently available CE-SDS technology.
- Work with external vendor to evaluate the BioPhase 8800 and its ability to perform high throughput CE-SDS analysis of some of our biologics.
- Design experiments, write protocols, perform CE-SDS analyses, analyze the data, and generate reports.
- Attend internal meetings focused on the characterization and purity determination of biomolecules.
- Work with external partners to develop new CE-SDS methods.
- BS with 3 years of experience or MS with no experience.
- Desired majors include: biochemistry, biophysics, biotechnology, biochemical engineering or equivalent.
- Theoretical and practical background in separation and CE-SDS technologies, especially the Sciex PA800, is preferred.
skills: Protein Purification
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.