As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to finding you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
This role requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to a valid medical or religious accommodation.
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $15.00 - 17.35 per hour
work hours: 7 to 3
- Maintain the cell culture of human fibroblast in a clean room environment as directed by manufacturing schedules within standard times and according to established procedures
- Assist in the manufacture of solutions used in production and processing of raw materials
- Sample by-products using standard methodologies
- Complete all relevant documentation compliant with cGMP and GDP guidelines
- Maintenance of the cell culture (EcM) complex and surrounding environment refrigerators, freezer, warm room, etc)
- Assist in the organization and housekeeping of the washroom and production support areas
- Assist in the cleaning of autoclavable materials used during cell culture
- Assist in the maintenance of cell expansion cultures to passage seven
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and report unsafe conditions to supervisor
- Assist in the assembly of cell culture roller bottles
- Other production related tasks as assigned by the production supervisor
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This position requires a BS or ASS with a certificate in Biotechnology.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite e.g. Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and word.
- Good Aseptic Techniques
- Strong understanding of biology, including animal organisms, their tissues, cells and functions
- Basic knowledge of chemistry and chemical interactions impact on organisms
- Intermediate mathematics skills and problem solving attitude
skills: MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL, MS-Powerpoint, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.