As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to finding you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
This role requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to a valid medical or religious accommodation.
Position Type: Long-term contract position for 1 year with potential for full time hire.
location: South San Francisco, California
job type: Contract
salary: $35.00 - 41.77 per hour
work hours: 8 to 4
- Contract position for one year. This position will primarily support the pathology team by performing immunohistochemistry and other laboratory-based deliverables. The Ideal candidate will have practical and educational laboratory experience performing immunohistochemistry on a variety of automated platforms such as, DAKO Link48 and Omnis, Lecia BOND Rx and Ventana platforms. Previous industry experience working in a research pathology, histology lab, or clinical anatomical pathology lab is desired.
- Ability to independently perform established immunohistochemistry protocols and procedures on laboratory automation
- Scanning of slides on Aperio scanners and QC of images
- Recording experiment details into electronic laboratory notebook
- Assist with pathology sample operations and logistics such as organizing, coordinating, packaging and shipping samples. Lifting requirement of 25 lbs
- Daily and weekly maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Weekly maintenance of laboratory reagent inventories and stocks
- Experience with independently performing immunohistochemistry protocols
- Experience with multiple slide staining platforms
- Able to work independently within a team setting
- High attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Comfortable with shifting priorities
- Flexible and adaptable thinking
- Collaborative, positive,
- MS Office skills
- Strong preference given to candidates with industry pathology and histology experience
skills: MS-EXCEL, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.