The Clinical Lab Assistant (CLA) will be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations of the lab (i.e. Accessioning, Preparation and Analysis of Samples). CLAs will be working closely with Clinical Lab Scientists and Supervisor to make sure production goals (e.g., Accuracy of Analysis Report) are met. This role is fundamental to our patient service delivery and plays an integral role in providing a best-in-class patient experience. Daily, the CLA will verify the proper specimen being analyzed for patients and perform the correct tests that need to be completed. Additionally, the CLA should understand the entire lab process and identify issues when they arise.
location: San Mateo, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Assists the team in day-to-day lab operations according to standard operating procedures
- Follows GLP (Good Laboratory Practice); reports any non-conformity of SOPs to Supervisor
- Ensures production work is consistently completed in a timely manner and accounted for
- Escalate, classify, and prioritize results issues to Supervisor
- Maintain best in class client experience standards
- Bachelor's (BA / BS) degree or equivalent in Biological Sciences or related field
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a CLIA lab environment preferred
- Extremely strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A proven track record of issue spotting and escalating issues as necessary
- Demonstrated track record of successes in getting things on time
skills: Cell Biology, Biology, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), Microbiology, Sample Preparation, Sample Testing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
EOEDisclaime For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.