As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to finding you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. With a hefty goal of discovering medical breakthroughs to treat devastating neurological ailments, our partner is focused on furthering research and finding ways to improve our healthcare system. You can feel secure in the fact that you will be paving the way to life changing practices when you work for this well-known team!
This role requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to a valid medical or religious accommodation.
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $60.00 - 70.19 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The Company Library and Information Center (BLInC) team manages and supports the company's virtual library and disease educational resources and answers queries on a variety of topics, including but not limited to scientific competitive intelligence. BLInC is seeking an information research specialist to assist with BLInC's customized research services, a highly used offering that supports and enables project work and business initiatives across the organization.
The successful candidate will report to BLInC's biomedical literature expert, providing custom-curated research support to company stakeholders in the areas of scientific, clinical, business, and competitive intelligence. This position is ideal for a self-motivated research professional who is committed to providing superior customer service and outcomes, highly organized, flexible and creative in their approach to workflows, and able to problem-solve with the highest level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Partner with BLInC's biomedical literature expert to provide customized research support in scientific, clinical, business, and competitive intelligence subject areas.
- Communicate with company stakeholders to understand information needs and translate these into effective search strategies using a variety of specialized information resources.
- Evaluate, analyze, and deliver curated research results in a timely and effective manner.
- Additional responsibilities as needed
- Support the BLInC team's internal outreach and marketing initiatives to expand awareness and increase impact throughout the organization.
- Provide administrative support as needed, including internal email communications, maintenance of BLInC's intranet site, and on-site preparation for meetings and events
- Bachelor's Degree in the life or information sciences; degree in library science preferred but not required.
- 3-5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, life science/health research, or related sectors. Experience in a library or knowledge management setting is preferred.
- Experience with scientific, clinical, business, pharmaceutical industry, and regulatory resources, including but not limited to PubMed, Embase, Web of Science, Informa Pharma Intelligence databases, and Cortellis Intelligence.
- Substantial experience in building effective working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- A strong commitment to teamwork and customer service.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with emphasis on communication with internal stakeholders to understand their information needs.
- Ability to independently execute tasks with excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and creative thinking ability.
- Self-motivated and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, relying on experience and independent judgment to plan, prioritize, and accomplish goals.
- Technical skills: Microsoft Office-based systems including Word, Excel, PPT, Teams, OneNote, and SharePoint
skills: Quality control, MS-WORD, MS-EXCEL, MS-Powerpoint, Manufacturing Operations
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.