The Technical Manager I leads and manages project teams that focus on new process and product development in the area of Business Unit oversight assigned and associated within functional organizations of client.
location: Belpre, Ohio
job type: Permanent
salary: $115,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Technical management across the regional project portfolio (milestones, timelines, resource allocation, capabilities, strategic decisions, etc.)
- Develop strong technology competencies within team to support the functional organization projects within assigned area.
- Resolve issues, understand timeline impacts, and monitor progress monthly including budget.
- Ensure proprietary technology and intellectual property protection for developed technology and fit within strategy.
- Engage actively in internal and external customer, partner/toller, and university interactions as needed.
- Support manufacturing and business projects to improve safety, quality and other business objectives.
- Personnel manager for resource pool of dedicated engineers, scientists and technicians (performance management, personnel development plans, etc.).
- Work with other managers on the contribution by staff supporting BU initiatives to resolve issues, understand timeline impacts, and monitor progress monthly.
- Effectively engage and maintain intimate relationship between product, process, and manufacturing teams related to products and developments.
- Demonstrated managerial or supervisory experience.
- Exhibit corporate values or demonstrated ability to lead and supervise technical team and have healthy interactions with manufacturing and business functions.
- Recognizes opportunities for cross-training and knowledge sharing
- Must be able to communicate and interact effectively with multi-functional, multi-national and diverse backgrounds, both internally and externally with appreciation of thought and cultural diversity.
- Strong people management, project management, and change management skills to manage timelines and delegating to team members appropriately with clarity.
- Must be able to discuss in detail, the engineering and scientific basis of an experimental approach to internal/external customers.
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior management.
- PC literate, knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook required.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or related field required with 2-4 years' experience supervising technical staff.
- PhD. in Chemical Engineering or related field preferred with 3-7 years' experience supervising technical staff.
skills: Manufacturing Operations, Product Launch
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
EOEDisclaime For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.