Exciting opportunity to join a renowned laboratory as a CLS!
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) will perform moderate and high complexity laboratory testing per CLIA regulations.
The CLS will be responsible for performing pre-analytic, analytic, and post-analytic laboratory testing according to established policies and procedures in the Molecular Laboratory.
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 124,000 per year
work hours: 3 to 11
- Performs molecular and non-molecular laboratory tests according to written laboratory procedure, evaluates test results for accuracy and clinical significance. Reports test results. Tests include various molecular assays / panels for pathogen detection.
- Actively participates in the planning and execution of analytical and clinical validations for new molecular / clinical tests.
- Monitors test analyses and specimen examinations to ensure acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained.
- Ensure that patient test results are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and test systems are properly functioning.
- Adheres to all regulatory standards (CAP and CLIA)
- Bachelor's degree (BS) in Life Sciences field
- Board of Certification (BOC) by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP)
- CLS California License (Required)
- Basic knowledge and experience with molecular platform. (Hologic, Applied Biosystems, BioFire, etc.)
- Experience with DNA extraction methods and Qualitative PCR
- Experience with EIAs
- Experience with initial validation studies desirable.
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office Applications
skills: Molecular Biology, PCR
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
EOEDisclaime For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.