This role requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to a valid medical or religious accommodation.
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 85 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The Sr. Manager, Medical Information Contact Center Operations - Americas is responsible for supporting and implementing the operations, innovations, and communications strategy for North and Latin America within Global Medical Information (MI). S/He is responsible for overseeing MI frontline services within the United States, Canada, and Latin American regions. Responsibilities will include regional management of Medical Information for the company's COVID-19 vaccine as well as current and future pipeline products in accordance with company policies and procedures and local market regulations.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for supporting the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Omni-channel Contact Center (OCCC) for the Americas region including participation in cross-functional planning and operations of Medical Information deliverables and collaboration with key stakeholders. S/He will also provide general OCCC vendor oversight of Medical Information services, including generating, analyzing, and presenting metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Maintain strong knowledge of the company's Medical Information policy and processes to ensure compliance across the team.
- Collaborate with the Medical Information Contact Center (MICC) vendor to support workforce management activities such as:
- Implementation of the Omni-channel Contact Center structure, including the development, execution, and tracking of metrics and KPIs.
- Provision of timely, accurate, thorough, and balanced responses to unsolicited requests for information about products from healthcare professionals and consumers consistent with regulatory guidelines utilizing company appropriate information resources.
- Onboarding new agent access to the Omni-Channel Contact Center programs (AWS and Sales Force Health Cloud).
- Collaborate with the MI Content, Excursions and Escalations team on training of MICCC personnel and to identify need of new/updated regional content (e.g., Consumer/HCP Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)).
- Provide operational metrics with analysis for actionable insights.
- Remain current on relevant medical/scientific therapeutic areas of interest to the company.
- Complete all assigned SOPs and training within designated timeframe and adhere to job-specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions (WI).
- Attend and staff medical information booth conferences (virtual and in-person) to respond to unsolicited medical information inquiries from HCPs as appropriate.
- Identify and report potential adverse events (AEs) and product quality complaints (PQCs) to the their respective departments, in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Support the company Standards, Quality and Compliance group with regulatory inspections and internal audits.
- Advanced scientific degree (MD, PhD, PharmD) with at least 3 years of biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry preferred; medical information/medical communication experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry a plus.
- Strong understanding of and adherence to regulatory policies governing scientific interactions with HCPs and consumers.
- Ability to synthesize scientific information for healthcare providers and consumers.
- Prior industry experience in post-marketing setting; vaccine/infectious disease therapeutic area experience and knowledge strongly preferred
- Collaborative mindset geared towards working in a team environment where results are achieved through influence and the incorporation of multiple points of view
- Motivation to work independently when needed
- Detail oriented, analytic mind with a strong problem-solving ability
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Excellent time management skills and able to manage complexity and to adapt to new circumstances and ideas. Demonstrates an ability to be entrepreneurial and able to work in a highly dynamic environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
skills: SOP, Vendor Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.