As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 27 per hour
work hours: 8 to 4
The main function of a Lab Scientist is leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Molecular Biology and Genomic/Genetic testing using various instruments.
- Experience with PCR/RT-PCR, instrument set-up, instrument calibration and instrument troubleshooting are preferred.
- Performs testing in those technical areas for which they are appropriately trained.
- Participates in troubleshooting of instrument and method problems.
- Determines need for repeat testing.
- Verifies computer entries before release.
- Approves results before release.
- Reports shift problems to lead tech, senior tech, or department supervisor. Solves routine and most non-routine problems.
- Exhibits ability to meet high performance standards and productivity requirements.
- Performs method and instrument validation as assigned.
- Assists with departmental record keeping and documentation requirements.
- Demonstrates proficiency in computer skills such as excel/word processing, statistical analysis, and laboratory information system.
- Assist in maintenance and troubleshooting of all test methods and analytical equipment.
- Commitment to Customer Satisfaction and Quality processes.
- Bachelors degree and relevant experience
skills: Molecular Biology, PCR
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.