The R&D Manager is responsible for developing and executing new product development, as well as identifying, developing, and executing improvements for current products in a GMP manufacturing environment.
The R&D Manager will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to deliver new products to our customers in the timeframe expected. The R&D Manager also works with the Operations department to ensure consistency in product quality.
location: La Vergne, Tennessee
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Experience successfully negotiating with suppliers
- Proven experience managing/driving comprehensive R&D-related projects from inception to completion Tasks/ Responsibilities
- Manage and develop the R&D process with the goal of meeting or exceeding all deadlines and expectations.
- Develop new innovative products and existing product improvements.
- Conduct market research and evaluate similar products and their functions.
- Manage the new concept development and production scale up process.
- Accurately maintain R&D project records, proactively providing status reports as required.
- Collaborate with Operations and other teams to achieve project objectives.
- Manage raw materials, including supplier relationships and negotiations.
- Source new ingredients to aid in the innovation process.
- Create design projects and specification sheets.
- Identify and champion quality and process improvement opportunities.
- Keep current with changes in technologies and regulations that impact our business.
- Review critical data involving product and ingredient concerns and resolve issues to support company business objectives.
- - Other duties may be assigned.
- Experience managing Branded or Private Brand R & D or Commercialization process and development.
- Strong time management, planning and analytical skills.
- Strong computer usage skills, including proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Professional written and verbal communication skills, with excellent client facing skills (external) and the ability to communicate at all levels within the organization (internal).
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to learn our business, be a team player and enjoy working in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong problem solving/decision-making skills, interpersonal skills, and analytical capabilities.
- Good general understanding of business and financial principles.
- Demonstrated work ethic, integrity, and professional conduct.
- Understands the need for confidentiality in sensitive employee situations and in other business instances, when required.
- Adaptable, flexible, detail-oriented, creative, innovative thinker
- Process focused
- Team oriented
- An organized problem solver, able to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
skills: GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
EOEDisclaime For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.