As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
This role requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to a valid medical or religious accommodation.
location: Norwood, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $53.13 - 62.50 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our Automation Engineer (Liquid Handler) team within a Top 10 BioPharma industry leader. This will be a hands-on, impactful position reporting to the Sr. Principal Automation Engineer. You will support scientist by improving existing processes and automating manual lab processes. You will work in a team environment with other Automation Engineers to design an implement liquid handler method. Additionally, you will be responsible to assure the operational functionality of the instruments as according to manufacturer's specifications. You will be a key individual for critical automation support for high-throughput screening, assay development, sample management, and lab automated solutions. This is a hybrid role - remote programming from home with on-site wet tests required. May need to travel to two site locations-Cambridge, MA and Norwood, MA
- Develop and optimize new liquid handler protocols for the screening and high-throughput assay platforms, specifically using Hamilton Venus.
- Assist scientists with operation of automation platforms.
- Provide error-recovery support as needed.
- Partner with business partners for requirements and issue tracking.
- Track/record problems with the systems for proper troubleshooting.
- Explore and evaluate modern technologies in automation, liquid handling, sample analysis, etc.
- Train users on new methods and protocols of system functionality Capabilities to automate analytical processes using Hamilton or other platforms
- Educate users about lab automation instruments and their capabilities
- Coordinate with internal and external groups to identify appropriate solutions to improve analytical testing capacity and efficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with HT liquid handling system operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance
- With training, have the ability to successfully automate manual lab processes
- Initiative, independence, and the ability to execute lab work under minimal supervision
- The successful candidate will have an analytical mindset, creative problem-solving skills, and be methodical and organized
- Ability to communicate at various levels within the organization as well as with external vendors
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise with liquid handling equipment.
- Requires a BS in biology/engineering/biotechnology
- Minimum experience required of 2+ years in industry,?preferably in a setting with lab automation
- Experience with Hamilton liquid handlers strongly preferred.
- Experience and skills in creating, modifying, and troubleshooting robotics/automation scripts.
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools for version control (Bitbucket) and issue management (Jira)
- Experience with Tecan, Hudson, High-Res, Echo desired
- This is a hybrid role - remote programming from home with on-site wet tests required
- May need to travel to two site locations-Cambridge, MA and Norwood, MA
- Employee maybe required to manage hazardous wastes in compliance with company procedures & State/Federal/Local hazardous waste regulations. Duties may include Identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing, and labeling
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.