As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to finding you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. Focusing on immune diseases like HIV that affect a large percentage of the population, the work our longtime partner conducts is imperative to a better, healthier future. To be recognized as a crucial part to furthering this goal, join this growing team now!
This role requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to a valid medical or religious accommodation.
location: Collegeville, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $42.00 - 47.48 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Scientific Senior Scientist position based in the Infectious Disease Research Unit and the Clinical Microbiology Group which plays a pivotal role in the progression of company's antibiotic franchise and portfolio
- Provide support for data review, interpretation and analysis of microbiology data from Phase 3 clinical trials, including Gram stain, quantitative bacterial culture, antimicrobial susceptibility testing, and molecular characterization of bacterial isolates.
- Provide support for writing and compiling the various clinical microbiology regulatory reports
- Provide support for writing/reviewing microbiology sections of documents required for the registration and/or development of antibiotics
- Working knowledge and expertise in clinical microbiology including CLSI/EUCAST procedures and guidelines and the criteria used in setting antimicrobial breakpoints
- Working knowledge of regulatory guidelines & the microbiology requirements for clinical trials and regulatory submission of antibacterial agents.
- Exemplify all company expectations
- Master of Science degree (microbiology, molecular biology, immunology or related field) with 3 to 5 years of relevant research experience or a Bachelor's degree with 5 to 7 years of lab experience including experience in one of more of the following: antibacterial susceptibility testing, research and development of antibacterial drugs, antibacterial clinical trials, regulatory submissions, monitoring or conducting antibacterial research and surveillance studies, data analysis, report writing and presentation skills
- Strong work ethic with attention to detail and desire to carry out independent hypothesis generation and testing
- A proactive and highly self-motivated self-starter with strong organizational, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work effectively individually and in fast-paced team/matrix environments
- Proficient with standard office products including Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in industrial setting with research and development experience in the antibacterial field preferred
skills: Molecular Biology, MS-EXCEL, MS-Powerpoint, Microbiology
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.