Seeking a Research Associate in upstream research and development to work in the Cell Culture Process Development department with one of our top clients, BioMarin, located in Novato, CA. The successful candidate will work both independently and as part of a team focusing on optimizing production of recombinant viral vectors for the company's gene therapy programs.
This role requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
location: Novato, California
job type: Contract
salary: $29.10 - 34.23 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Buffer and media preparation
- Cell line maintenance, expansion, transfection
- Production, harvest, and purification of viral material
- Perform associated analytical assays
- Diligently document the results
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Flexibility in a fast-paced, changing environment; be willing to accept responsibilities outside of the initial job description
- Handle multiple tasks efficiently
- Closely interact with other team members; develop internal and external collaborations
- Present results and conclusions in group and department meetings; write reports
- Bachelor's degree (BS) in Biological Sciences or in a related field with 2+ years of experience in a cell culture laboratory (minimum) .
- Bachelor's degree with 4+ years, OR Master's degree with 2+ years of experience in industrial research and development (preferred) .
- Good working knowledge of chemistry and biochemistry principles
- Aseptic culturing technique
- Hands-on experience in suspension or adherent cells culturing
- Critical thinking, data analysis and interpretation skills
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with mammalian cell cultures, metabolite measurement, cell count and viability measurements
- Working knowledge of rAAV production process, transfection
- Experience with any of the following analytical techniques: flow cytometry, ddPCR / qPCR, Western Blotting, ELISA, Bio-Layer Interferometry (Octet), total protein assay, cell based assays.
- Knowledge of Ambr bioreactor operation is a plus
- Knowledge of JMP software and Design of Experiments principles is a plus
skills: Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, PCR, Biology, Immunoassays, Cell Cultures
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.