Make a splash at this fast-paced and rapidly growing biotech start up! Here, you will contribute your talents in a purposeful way that impacts the lives of patients around the world. You will be supporting the development and manufacturing of cell and gene immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer and rare diseases, in a state of the art facility.
We are seeking motivated researcher with either academic or industry experience to support our Research and Development team. This position will play a key role in the generation of novel antibody/ CAR-T constructs and analytical characterization assays. The incumbent will have extensive experience in biochemical/cell based/immunological and molecular assays. The candidate will execute wet lab experiments to advance the development of antibody and cellular therapy products.
This position requires attention to details, enthusiastic attitude, strong sense of responsibility, team orientation, organization skills, open communication, desire to learn new skills, ability to meticulously perform instructed tasks and maintain accurate lab records. We are looking for individuals with passion for discovery research with a flexibility to adapt to a fast-paced startup environment and ability to work with minimal supervision.
Hours: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
location: Covina, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Plan, and execute laboratory experiments to support immune-oncology R&D activities and effectively communicate results in a timely manner
- Culture a variety of cell lines (adherent and suspension cell lines), primary T cells or other immune cells and maintains cell banks as required
- Perform immune cell assays including multiparameter flow cytometry, in vitro cell based assays (e.g. cytotoxicity, proliferation, degranulation), live cell analysis, and multiplex cytokine assays to characterize antibody/cell therapy products
- Perform experiments to validate standard assays from commercial vendors as well as assist with development of novel assays to characterize CAR-T products, write SOPs/reports and document results.
- Assist with assay optimization, standardization, and transfer from research to internal QC
- Develop stable cell lines with overexpression or knock out (shRNA, CRISPR/Cas9) as required
- Generate viral/nonviral constructs encoding CAR and antibody variants using standard molecular biology techniques (PCR, Gibson assembly techniques)
- Assist in lentiviral/adenoviral production, concentration, and quantitation assays (Flow cytometry, ELISA, and qPCR) as required
- Package lentivirus and estimate titers (ELISA, qPCR/ddPCR, Flow cytometry)
- Transfect, and transduce tumor cell lines and primary human immune cells
- Prepare plasmid in small scale and large scale.
- Work collaboratively with other members of team to assist internal and client's projects
- Plan and perform experiments with minimal supervision and pays attention to detail.
- Develop precise SOPs complying with GLP environment and maintain excellent lab notebooks and electronic records complying with company policies
- Manage laboratory equipment and supplies
- Assist general lab organization and maintenance (e.g. Plasmids, bacterial stocks, mammalian cells, cryopreservation)
- Troubleshoot and solve technical problems
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory environment
- Bachelor's Degree with 2-4 years of experience (Research Associate) or Master's Degree with 0-2 years or bachelor's degree with 5-7 years of laboratory experience (Senior Research Associate) in the field of Immunology, Cancer biology, Cell biology or Molecular Biology (demonstrating listed skills)
- Hands on experience with sterile microbiology and molecular biology techniques not limited to cloning, mutagenesis, restriction digestion, ligation, transformation, colony PCR, culturing bacterial cells, plasmid preparations required
- Experience in working with multiple cell lines (both suspension and adherent)
- Experience in lentiviral production and transduction preferred
- Experience in co-culture assays including T cell activation, cytotoxicity, multiplex cytokine analysis and immunological functional assays preferred
- General lab experience in operating and maintaining basic lab equipment (centrifuge, microscope, PCR machines, nanodrop, DNA and protein electrophoresis systems) required
- Familiarity with routine lab operations and safety procedures.
- Laboratory environment- required to work with blood products, tumor cell lines, bacteria, retrovirus, lentivirus, and lab chemicals used in the lab with proper Personal Protective Equipment as required
- Ability to stand for a period in order to work at laboratory benches
- Required to retrieve samples from liquid nitrogen and subzero freezers
- Must wear PPE due to safety requirements in designated lab areas
- May be required to work in controlled or clean room environments
- Expected to work safely and effectively when working alone or working with others
- Travel: Occasional. Less than 3%
- Occasional stooping, bending, stretching, pushing, pulling, reaching and/or lifting up to 40lbs.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, and move within workspace for extended periods.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks including hand to finger manipulations, grasping, pushing, and pulling.
- Primarily office environment but will be required to enter laboratory or GMP process areas donning proper gowning / lab coats or PPE such as safety glasses and shoes.
- Ability to work safely and effectively when working alone or working with others.
skills: PCR, SOP, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.