Randstad is the #1 HR Services Company in the World and we are sourcing for a Research Scientist of Consumer Products Research in the Grand Rapids, MI area. The ideal candidate will help lead consumer research for our global air & water treatment system and wellness device category and packaging across all categories to guide the development of desirable products with superior experiences. This is a direct hire position and can start immediately.
location: Ada, Michigan
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,786 - 100,342 per year
work hours: 8 to 4
What's special about the Product Experience & Insights team:
This evolving team leads Consumer Research and Human Centered Design and is part of the Innovation & Science Division team. On this team, you will be joining a group of key contributors that influence the future global Air, Water & Wellness Devices, Nutrition, Beauty, and Home Care to create impactful consumer solutions and drive product sales. The Product Experience & Insights team provides insights and data on consumer desirability to improve designs and enables consumer driven product development. This team provides key insights through custom studies and works closely with product development teams to design, execute and report on consumer and sensory research studies utilizing qualitative, quantitative and usability expertise.
How you would contribute to the role:
In this role, you will design and execute global user and product research to identify consumer needs, and provide guidance to internal clients, that will characterize Amway products as a superior product in the marketplace for the Air, Water & Wellness Device and Nutrition Business lines. Additionally, you will support the areas of usability, human factors engineering and human centered design to support work in our durables product category, and packaging product development groups. Working broadly with Designers, Programmers, Developers, and Engineers you will partner to evaluate products at every state, from design, prototypes, to finished products, delivering pleasurable user experiences. Working with packaging engineers on package design, you will partner to drive innovation in packaging, exploring novel package options and designs. Amway's strong heritage of offering high quality, innovative products, will be enhanced by your knowledge of consumer needs, and focus on driving consumer focused innovation.
Our clients strategies are focused on consumers. This is a growth area at Amway, and you will be well positioned for opportunities in a Human Centered Design environment focused on user centricity as a key focus for both the division and the company.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in Consumer Products Research
- Proficiency with Human Factors Design, applied or cognitive psychology or related work, including knowledge of human factors research methodology, questionnaire development, in-the-field interviewing, usability testing and user-centered design
- Demonstrated experience leading both consumer research and/or sensory research projects
- Experience with data analysis, design of experiments, and statistics and translating the information into meaningful recommendations
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Factors Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Science, or related field
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to represent the consumer to identify opportunities to improve the consumer experience and lead project teams to successful outcomes
- Leadership and partnership with a variety of internal partners, external vendors, and technical resources to influence and drive impactful solutions supported by research and data
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment leading multiple projects and pivoting with business needs
- Experience with agile and flexible tools to drive innovation (preferred, not required)
- Ability to drive sensory and consumer research programs (preferred, not required)
skills: Quality control, SOP, Quality Assurance, Data Analysis, Biology, Chemistry, Data Management Plan, Data Validation Plan, SAS/GRAPH, SAS/STAT, Biostatistical Analysis, Data Analysis Software, Design Engineering, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.