As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $23.80 - 28.00 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
Perform routine analysis and laboratory testing procedures to obtain data from client specimens. Provide routine documentation and review of work performed in a timely manner.
- Complete and prepare documentation in compliance with regulatory and corporate guidelines.
- Perform and document all specimen test procedures with accuracy, consistency, and timeliness in accordance with current standard operating procedures (SOPs) and regulatory guidelines.
- Exercise good judgment in assessing whether test procedure is proceeding according to expectations and that the results are within acceptable tolerances.
- Identify abnormal progress of test procedure, potential QC failures, or otherwise unusual results and escalate to senior lab personnel immediately.
- Perform routine calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment as assigned.
- Assist in the review and development of laboratory procedures and techniques
- Identify process improvements to increase data quality, lower costs or reduce turnaround times. Assist in the implementation of changes as assigned.
- Notify inventory staff of supply shortages
- Participate in continuing education through self-study, attending training sessions and off-site lectures and meetings.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic knowledge of practices and principles of basic laboratory operations
- Knowledge of general rules for safe exposure to chemical and blood borne pathogens
- Good understanding of standard laboratory precautions and infection control procedures
- Knowledge of sterilization and decontamination procedures and hazardous waste management
- Skill in using applicable computer systems and applications including LIMS and Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to perform duties in an independent manner.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers, and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in a Science Discipline with 2 years' experience in a clinical laboratory operating under GLP and/or CLIA guidelines; OR,
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Candidates are preferred to have experience in one or more of the following methods: ELISA, PCR, and viral neutralization assays
skills: SOP, GLP (Good Laboratory Practice), Cell Cultures
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.