This position will be a major contributor to development activities and serve as a principal developer of formulation products applied in different delivery systems for various markets. The job mainly involves formulating a wide range of personal care products and medical devices by utilizing knowledge and experience from a diverse skincare and formulation background in order to create innovative products in the field of Skincare and the medical device category. Develop new formulas using existing and new technologies in the personal care product area to support company-wide growth and future brand strategies. Ensure and be responsible for formulas so that they meet expected performance, safety and regulatory requirements and can be produced in manufacturing. Experimentation on the bench with conventional and/or nonconventional/creative approaches with new formula bases, raw ingredients and processing techniques that will lead to unique product claims and benefits.
location: Carrollton, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 7 to 3
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create formulas independently and follow up on product stability. Have solid understanding of the relationship between formulation and product development.
- Determine and perform design of experiments to evaluate new and/or alternate raw materials through bench trials.
- Expert experience with formulation of a variety of personal care products, cosmetics and OTC from concept to finished product.
- Knowledgeable of the importance of processing, operating, and design factors that affect skincare formulations.
- Responsible for documenting and interpreting data in order to support conclusions with minimal supervision.
- Plan, coordinate and perform activities ranging from pre-formulation, formulation, process characterization, analytical test methods, technology transfer and scale-up
- Work closely with internal R&D, Manufacturing, QC, Client Services, Program Management and external collaborators on product development and QA issues.
- Handle multiple projects, mentor and provide technical direction to junior chemists
- Prepare laboratory batches for stability sampling, preservative efficacy testing, claim/clinical testing, mock-ups and sales evaluation.
- Develop specifications for new and/or reformulated products, ensuring product quality.
- Serve as Lab Applications representative on cross-functional teams.
- Remain up to date and current on trends in the retail market and trends on formulations materials, ingredients, cost, etc.
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations, and cGMPs.
- Notebook documentation.
- Customer support and interaction on a regular basis and problem solving.
- Master's degree in chemistry, engineering, or other technical degree with 5 -10 years of experience in cosmetics/personal care with a strong formulation background; Master's Degree Preferred
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, engineering, or other technical degree with 12-18 years of experience in cosmetics/personal care with a strong formulation background.
- Knowledge of product innovation and development processes.
- Extensive knowledge of skin care formulation chemistry and understanding of skin care, OTC, personal care and medical devices.
- Prior experience working on cosmetic, personal care, skin care; prior experience working with regulated products (OTC, medical devices, etc.) is preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant experience working in topical formulations, R&D, innovation and chemistry of ingredient interactions
- Experience with development of stable, aesthetic and scalable formulations
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and computer skills.
- Must be able to work independently with strong organizational and presentation skills.
- Ability to strategize, execute, develop, and improve product formulations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects to meet the business objective and deliver quality formulations efficiently.
- Creativity and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills communication skills, to be able to deal effectively with all levels of the organization and our customers/clients.
- Proven results in building strong customer relationships, anticipating customer needs, and delivering consumer-centric solutions.
- Proactive, results-oriented with good supervisory skills and a drive for achievement
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively cross-functionally.
- Ability to multi-task, with strong time management skills
- Independent with a willingness to take on new challenges.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt readily to change
- Strong intellectual curiosity - always looking for new ways to improve products or processes.
- Capable of handling complex issues and solving problems with general guidance.
- Able to perform under pressure on projects with short timelines or multiple projects with the same launch dates.
- Able to effectively handle software applications that are needed in today's work environment including, but not limited to, MS Office Suite; be trainable on a variety of databases, repositories, and management systems; etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.