As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to finding you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. With a hefty goal of discovering medical breakthroughs to treat devastating neurological ailments, our partner is focused on furthering research and finding ways to improve our healthcare system. You can feel secure in the fact that you will be paving the way to life changing practices when you work for this well-known team!
This role requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to a valid medical or religious accommodation.
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $37.66 - 51.23 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
The associate scientist role supports the generation of AAV candidates for the company's preclinical gene therapy pipeline. The incumbent will be part of a cross-functional team responsible for plasmid scale-up, AAV production and characterization of AAV-based vectors produced using transient transfection in mammalian cells. The ideal candidate should have substantial experience in molecular biology including cloning, transformation and plasmid generation with familiarity with maxi preps, agarose gel electrophoresis, and PCR. Prior experience with AAV vector production is strongly desired. In addition, the person should be able to maintain up-to-date knowledge of pertinent literature and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to efficiently present results to project team members.
- Generate, scale up, and maintain plasmid stocks for AAV production.
- Packaging, purification, and analytical characterization of AAV vectors
- Develop, optimize, and troubleshoot protocols for plasmid production
- Maintain organized and detailed electronic records, submitted in a timely manner
- Report data to team members through written reports and direct collaboration
You have experience with molecular biology including plasmid preps and are looking to expand your knowledge of AAV based gene therapies. You are keen on learning innovative technological skills in a highly collaborative & cross-functional environment.
- BS degree in Biochemistry, Biology or related field with 1-2 years of industry experience; or Masters with 0-1 years experience
- Hands-on experience with cloning, transformation, plasmid generation and scale-up with capacity to develop, optimize and troubleshoot new protocols and methods.
- Experience with basic molecular and analytical techniques such as plasmid cloning, PCR based assays and gel electrophoresis
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with team members
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, adapt to change and prioritize in a fast-paced working environment.
- Hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture
- Production of viral vectors/recombinant proteins
skills: Molecular Biology, PCR, Assay Development, Cell Cultures
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.