Mechanical Superintendent needed. The Mechanical Superintendent is responsible for field operations on the assigned project(s) in order to achieve safe, timely and profitable completion of each project. This position offers per diem and 100% travel. Candidates should have a minimum of 11 years construction management experience or craft supervision experience on Mechanical projects.
location: Appleton, Wisconsin
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 68 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- Responsible for the oversight of the following project work activities: piping (carbon, stainless steel, and alloy), rotating equipment, stationary equipment, structural steel, rigging, piping and structural welding, insulation and heat tracing, hydrostatic testing, non-destructive examination techniques, fire protection, and coatings.
- Responsible for overall supervision of construction effort, which includes: safety, productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials and equipment, materials management, scheduling, engineering, and contractual performance of the project.
- Responsible for subcontractor contractural compliance on designated mechanical construction related activities
- Build effective client and subcontractor relationships. Interface with client representatives, A/E representatives, and other contractors.
- Collaborate with project management to develop and implement project procedures, working documents, and standards.
- Authorize purchase requisitions, field design change requests, etc., under supervision of Construction Manager and Project Manager.
- Responsible for overall project safety. Reviews and audits site specific safety documentation, including Pre-Task Analysis (PTAs) and Task Safety Observations (TSOs) on a regular basis.
- Complete daily field reports and take daily pictures to document construction progress.
- Plan or assess future work activities and identify any concerns with work plans. by utilizing subcontractors 3-week look ahead report.
- PROPOSE TO REMOVE: Develop a marked-up and as-built set of drawings to produce the record set documents, and answer RFIs with assistance from Assistant Project Manager or Field Engineer.
- Direct and manage CRAFT and subcontractors as necessary to comply with the established project schedule, and track and verify progress on an installed quantity and work hour basis.
- Verify material deliveries meet specifications and are being stored properly, and required preventative maintenance and/or temporary heating is being performed by craft and subcontractors (this potentially is coordinated with the Materials Manager).
- Coordinate with the QA/QC Manager to verify all welders on site are qualified to weld on the project.
- Witness all equipment setting and alignment.
- Walk down all systems prior to, during, and post hydrostatic testing to verify compliance with drawings and specifications and signing off on completed system testing and restoration.
- Develop punch lists of items out of compliance or not completed.
- Verify the most current drawing revisions are being used in the field.
- Understand and execute the project scope and any changes that develop. Ensure field change orders are executed.
- Oversee AND BUILD EFFECTIVE RELATIONSHIPS WITH craft supervision and project staffing as required.
- Provide oversight of project site material and tool management
- Responsible for the daily field construction of an individual project in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by the company.
- Supervises and directs the daily efforts of the physical construction of the project through daily coordination of all field activities, subcontractor direction, and code/specification compliance.
- Read, interpret, and understand isometric drawings, structural drawings, and P&ID's.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: High School
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.