A Civil Designer is needed for a global engineering, construction and project management company in the Houston, TX area. This role involves independently planning and conducting design work for a global business unit, ensuring compliance with industry standards, supervising and guiding subordinate personnel, and maintaining technical knowledge, all while fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment.
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $38.88 - 57.49 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Directly performs or administers work of designers and drafters of a design group for a business line technology.
- This work includes the preparation of layouts, study drawings, detailed 2-D and 3-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) design models, and construction drawings.
- Prepares or assists with the preparation of assigned material requisitions and bid evaluations.
- Monitors and checks work for compliance with approved design standards to provide quality design, reliable/safe plant operation, and construction economy.
- Prepares design and drafting procedures to standardize design effort.
- Coordinates or makes jobsite visits, as required, to resolve problems and interpret drawings and documents.
- Reviews or defines engineering scope changes, as required, for project management.
- Endorses or prepares reports of work progress, as required, for project and discipline use.
- Participates in the operation of a small size design group in a particular discipline.
- Assists in the preparation of plans and coordinates the assigned work to meet the project schedules.
- Requires a basic knowledge of design and drafting techniques, engineering drawings, graphic arts, 2-D and 3-D CAD, reading of drawings, and reproduction methods used by the discipline.
- A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline.
- Extensive experience in design and drafting.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).