This important position is responsible for improving the reliability of plant equipment in various assigned areas. Reliability is generally improved through preventive and predictive maintenance, troubleshooting, repairing, and rebuilding plant equipment and machinery. The primary focus of this position is supporting the electrical and control systems plant wide.
One of the fastest growing companies in the world is currently in search of a Sr Maintenance Engineering Technician to join their brand new state-of-the-art location.The Sr Maintenance Engineering Technician will provide first response to engineering fault conditions, both reactive and planned maintenance activities as well as being involved in continuous improvement projects within the start of the art facility. This is a rapidly growing company that will provide many opportunities for advancement as they continue to grow.
This direct hire position offers 3 weeks of paid vacation to start, excellent company provided benefits, stock option purchase plan, 5% 401k match (immediate vesting), paid time and a half for overtime available.
location: Kenosha, Wisconsin
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 78,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- Effectively and accurately troubleshoot and make routine adjustments and repairs to DC and AC systems including (but not limited to) contactors, relays, VFDs, starters, motors, rectifiers, brakes, pneumatic systems, sensors, controls systems, and PLC components in order to maintain production and maintenance schedules.
- Monitor repairs and validate that the problem has been solved. Own the problem until resolved with a focus on doing it right the first time.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance as assigned, including cleaning and lubricating in order to maintain the proper working order of Electrical components for all machinery and equipment up to 480V.
- Focus on improving and optimizing PMs by providing feedback on assigned PMs.
- Perform and validate changeovers on equipment and machinery as needed.
- Dismantle, evaluate, and rebuild equipment and machinery as needed. Focus on quality of workmanship by doing the job right the first time and be accountable for results.
- Assist in the Planning process by identifying parts and work required using SAP to enter notifications. Include parts and material information when possible.
- Prioritize work based on business needs. Maintain a high level of urgency in response to tasks assigned.
- Participate in the Breakdown Elimination process in order to reduce the frequency of breakdowns and improve equipment reliability.
- Maintain and improve 5S standards.
- Make decisions that are "best for the business" with regards to maintenance costs and overall productivity.
- Keep accurate up to date records of work orders, maintenance activities, and needed repairs utilizing SAP to maintain proper records.
- A minimum of five years of direct experience in the mechanical or electrical field.
- A degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the mechanical or electrical field.
- strong electrical experience preferable within a manufacturing or distribution center environment.
- Knowledge / experience working with controls, analyzing faults and providing solutions.
- Experience with both reactive and preventative maintenance.
- strong organization and communication skills and the ability to work in a multi-disciplined team of varying levels of technical experience.
- Experience working with computerized maintenance management systems.
The essential functions of this role include:
- working weekends
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: High School (required)
- Capital Equipment
- Electronics Technician
- Electronics Technician
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.