A Quality Engineer is needed for a global power leader in the Columbus, IN area. This position applies the principles of product quality planning, evaluation, and control in support of the manufacturing and installation operations of the organization. A Bachelors' degree is required for this position. Manager would prefer to see degrees in engineering required. Seeking candidates with a minimum of 3 - 5 years' applicable working experience.
location: Columbus, Indiana
job type: Contract
salary: $19.91 - 31.68 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Responsible for applicable systems related to plant customer issues such as corrective action requests, supplier corrective action requests, nonconforming material reports, etc.
- Leads containment activities.
- Facilitates continuous improvement quality activities to reduce the potential for defects and ensures continual improvement in process and product design.
- Ensures products and process development meet quality standards. Identifies problems, prioritizes actions, leads or participates in Six Sigma projects.
- Participates in change management activities by verifying products and processes, developing key measures, analyzing data for decision support, and presenting results to plant leadership.
- Leads audits of processes and quality systems.
- Works with purchasing to improve the quality of purchased parts.
- Serves as a quality technical resource to other functional areas.
- A Bachelors' degree is required for this position. Manager would prefer to see degrees in engineering required
- Manager is seeking candidates with a minimum of 3 - 5 years' applicable working experience
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.