Industry leading manufacturing company is looking for a promotable entry level Industrial Sales Representative in the Minneapolis area.
This role comes with a very competitive compensation plan with a base salary ranging from $60k to $65k plus a quarterly commission plan which equates to $20k annually, company credit card, computer, cell phone and reimbursement for mileage and other travel expense.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Manage your CPs and End User Customers to achieve topline sales obligations.
- Primary sales focus is on powered and manual hoists, with rigging and engineered products savvy.
- Cover geographic sales territories, developing and maintaining relationships with CPs and end users.
- Conduct various training modules, at end users.
- Develop Conquest Program targets to drive the conversion of the competitive installed base and increase penetration.
- Manage the territory's channel partner network for sales growth and conflict minimization/resolution.
- Cultivation of product sales at end-users.
- Analyze target account requirements and develop penetration plans with to increase market share.
- Develop distributor relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Utilize distribution and resources to provide the necessary level of technical expertise to the customer.
- Resolves territory issues involving, marketing, pricing, product, warranties and product modification (specials).
- Responsible for the measurement of distributor performance, and implementing distributor performance improvement programs, for new units and parts sales.
- Management of new product launches and promotional programs through the channel.
- Collect and report trends and strategies of competitors to Sales Management.
- Actively seeks out and participates in both formal and informal training opportunities.
- Takes an active role in coaching distribution personnel and evaluating their competency in the support of all Hoist & Rigging brands, products and services.
- Frequently performs joint sales calls with channel partner sales people including but not limited to product demonstrations and application assessments.
- Provide sales opportunity funnel and sale forecasting input.
- Assures that has a consistent high level of distributor capabilities to serve customers in the assigned geography.
- Demonstrates an understanding of distributor key business drivers.
- Delivers sales workshops as needed to demonstrate capabilities.
- Differentiates company products and services from competition utilizing product and non-product factors.
- Supports corporate and cooperative sales initiatives such as Strategic Accounts, Vertical Markets, and Training.
- Thoroughly understand the regional marketing programs and carry out effectively every part that applies to the territory.
- Carefully plan the use of time by scheduling activities in advance to provide maximum time for actual selling.
- Consultative selling to end users and channel partners.
- Report territory activity and results Sales Management and the organization at large.
- Make effective use of selling aids and literature at every opportunity, recognizing benefits and advantages of companies entire Hoist and Rigging product portfolio.
- Maintains territory account records in a good, complete and up-to-date fashion. Account records should include complete address, phone numbers, personnel contacts and record of call and or sales activity.
- Investigate credit department communications and handle within reasonable limits.
- Responsibly manage expenses staying within assigned budget and adhering to corporate Travel & Entertainment guidelines.
- Ensure that distributor inventory levels are appropriate to support market demands.
- Ability to sell solutions and services beyond products to achieve financial goals.
- Self Starter, ability to function independently without close management.
- Communication skills, both written and oral and presentation skills.
- Well-organized relative to time and territory management, and associated administrative functions.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work the necessary hours to effectively execute the job responsibilities.
- Responsible handling of expenses, demo and trial equipment, and other company assets.
- Knowledge of material handling products and their applications.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university
- 1+ years related Inside Sales experience, Outside Sales experience preferred
- Experience in industrial sales and selling through industrial distribution preferred
- Knowledge of technical products and distributor functions.
- Must have a valid driver's license and the ability to drive and travel by airplane. Travel percentage > 50%
- Other duties, tasks, and responsibilities as assigned by Regional Sales Manager
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 1 year of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- sales representative
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.