Quality Engineer opportunity with a manufacturing client located approximately 1 hour West of the Hartford, CT area. This position will be responsible for ensuring the quality output of internal manufacturing processes and the quality levels for incoming purchased materials used in the manufacturing process. This will include working closely with internal and external suppliers and customers as needed.
location: Torrington, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $99,000 - 108,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Qualify, control, monitor, and continuously improve internal manufacturing processes using Lean Six Sigma tools
- Drives Supplier Quality through conducting supplier surveys, on-site audits, and follow up audits, to qualify and assess their quality and manufacturing capabilities
- Participates in the Design and Product Development Process as a representative of Manufacturing Quality
- Lead and participate in investigations, root cause analyses, and corrective/preventive action solutions as needed
- Develop, execute and analyze quality-reporting measures and periodically report to management on quality issues, supplier performance, non-conformance, corrective actions, trends and losses
- Performs Internal Audits in accordance with ISO-9001 and internal requirements
- Other tasks as assigned
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline
- Demonstrated Quality Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in one or more of the following manufacturing categories: assembly, welding and/or coating processes; metal forming or stamping processes; sheet metal fabrication; welded fabrications chemical reactor / refinery processes
- Demonstrated use of Lean Six Sigma tools to manufacturing process qualification, control, root cause & corrective action, and continuous improvement
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and product requirements
- Knowledge of ISO9001 quality systems, policies and procedures is preferred
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.