This is a Direct Hire Mechanical Maintenance Manager role for one of the largest companies in Oil & Gas here in the Houston, TX area.
Shift: M-F some weekends & you will have to travel about 4 times a year for a week at most.
- Industry experience - chemical, petrochemical, tank terminal, oil and gas or similar
- Fixed Equipment
- Rotating equipment or pumps.
- API and ASME Standards
- Process Safety Management / Management of Change
- welding (nice to have)
- union direct reports (nice to have)
- 8 reports: Working with Millwrights & Welders.
- Very Hands on Role
- Experience with Terminals, CMMS & SAP, API's (570 Piping, 653 & 510 Tanks and Pressure Vessels) systems
- Formal leadership training (dealing with conflict resolutions, training implementation).
- Previous Lead or Supervisor in a Union settting
- Planning & scheduling jobs and projects
- Type of Equipment in Field to be knowledgeable: Centrifugal pumps (Brand Gould), Pump Seals (Brand Chesterton), Boilers (Brand, Johnson), Butterfly, Ball, Gate, Pressure release and safety Valves, 35 Ton Crane, Hydraulics, Power units.
- You Must have Field experience, and be comfortable speaking with clients from time to time.
location: HOUSTON, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $115,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- Managing 8 reports
- Running transaction reports to identify any high priority jobs & Prepping estimates for projects and repair work orders by determining cost of material, skill required, personnel needs, and equipment
- Review periodic inspection reports to observe trends and identify preventive measures. Implement corrective actions from inspection reports using the SAP CMMS program.
- Collaborate with Maintenance Reliability and Mechanical Integrity Engineers for technical support and system or equipment evaluations resulting from malfunctions or new proposed designs
- Must Comply with all safety and environmental protection rules and regulations, specifically those relating to OSHA, EPA, Texas Air Quality Board, Texas Water Commission, and Coast Guard to assure the safety of all OTH employees, visitors and surrounding environments.
- 5 years Tank Farms or Terminal related Experience
- Knowledge of API 570, 653, 510, ASME B31.3, SAP CMMS programs
- Related Associates/Engineering degree or equivalent preferred
- Welding Knowledge Mig, Tig, & Stick is a huge plus
- Formal Leadership training preferred
- TWIC Card upkeep
- Able to work on call
- Able to maintaining composure and professionalism under emotional stressful situations
- Working both Indoor and Outdoor in non-climate-controlled areas
- Working in confined spaces as well from heights
- Consistently building and maintaining high Productivity and Energy levels with the team
- 401K w/ matching up to 5%
- 2 weeks PTO
- 48 hours sick time
- 16 hours Personal Holiday time
- Per Diem for Travel
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: High School (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.