A Component Engineer is needed for a company that specializes in distribution and value added services relating to electronic components and computer products in the Northford, CT area. Candidate should have Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering and 6-8 years of experience in the Component Engineering, Hardware design or Test Engineering.
location: Northford, Connecticut
job type: Contract
salary: $35.71 - 53.57 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
The Key objectives for this role will include:
- Identify alternatives for Shortages and end of life of electronic components
- Explore availability of the alternate parts in the Market with Lead times info
- Work with Sourcing to review the identified alternates
- Technical support of sourcing group procurement efforts
- Technical support of regulatory certification
- Test Plan preparation
- Alternate parts samples ordering & work with manufacturing site for the PCBA builds
- Component and Product level Qualification
- ECN/ECR processing for part replacements
- Client management through routine Project review calls.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- 6-8 years of experience in the Component Engineering, Hardware design or Test Engineering
- Essential deep knowledge of electronic components, their parameters and characteristics, knowledge of electronic circuits and subsystems, experience with conditional qualification testing
- Very good written and spoken English, very good communication and negotiation skills, workin the international team
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.