Manufacturer in Des Plaines, IL is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to add to their team. The ideal candidate will have a B.S. in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, at least 4 years of manufacturing experience and previous team lead or supervisory experience. The Manufacturing Engineer will manage and ensure engineering and maintenance standards are upheld for 3 facilities, about 15% domestic travel required. Experience with automated mechanical systems for fluids highly preferred.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Des Plaines, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Manage and ensure Engineering and Maintenance standards are upheld with a process improvement mindset for 3 manufacturing facilities
- Identify areas that can be improved upon for increased efficiency via lean improvements
- Perform hydraulic calculations for fluids
- Design and prepare engineering documentation and prepare specifications for equipment purchases and investment requests.
- Prepare and manage operational plan for Engineering/Maintenance department
- Plan and organize multiple large, complex projects to include cost estimating, organizing of work, coordinating the work of multiple disciplines and/or other project managers and outside consultants
- Oversee in-house Maintenance Technicians and outside Contractors across our three facilities
- Complete analysis, design, and production of detailed construction drawings
- Manage project planning, reporting and spending forecasts
- B.S. in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering required
- At least 4 years of experience in manufacturing/ some previous liquids experience highly preferred
- Possess familiarity with instrumentation and automated mechanical systems in manufacturing of fluids
- Previous lean manufacturing experience
- Project management experience
- Understanding of SCADA and systems connectivity
- 15% domestic travel to other plant locations
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.