Manufacturer south of New Philadelphia is seeking a Plant Mechanical Engineer to add to their team. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in a manufacturing enviornment and a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering. Additionally, candidate should have a firm understanding of maintenance procedures and principles of equipment reliability. Experience with machinery design, vibrations analysis and machine shop background highly desired. Must be open to working in a heavy industrial environment. Relocation provided.
location: Uhrichsville, Ohio
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Plan, lead, organize and control all activities of the mechanical engineering function; including design, selection, installation, maintenance, and reliability of equipment and processes
- Identify areas of potential improvement in the processes, equipment, and facilities to achieve increased profitability through reduced costs, increased throughput, improved quality, increased equipment uptime and market penetration.
- Utilize the principles of continuous quality and reliability improvement on a routine basis.
- Prepare and present robust capital expenditure requests for management approval.
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers
- Compare alternatives and recommend cost effective solutions for productivity, cost, quality, reliability, safety and environment improvements.
- Supports and has ability to leads root cause analyses using tools such as 5-Why, Cause Maps, etc.
- Develop, coordinate and manage external resources including contractors, vendors and engineering.
- Provide functional and technical support/direction to plant maintenance and operating salary and hourly employees.
- Resolve and prevent maintenance and engineering problems and to develop training programs on processes and equipment for the maintenance staffs.
- Develop technical and process skills of the hourly maintenance crews.
- B.S. in Engineering required and at least 5 years of manufacturing experience, heavy manufacturing preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform root-cause-analysis on equipment and process issues, specifically in the mechanical area.
- Proficient in the fundamentals of reliability such that the position can help establish appropriate PM's and PdM's for process equipment
- Proficient in advanced engineering and diagnostic tools such as Finite Element Analysis, vibrations analysis, lubrication analysis
- Fundamental knowledge of AutoCad, with the ability to make minor changes to drawings.
- Machinery, controls or field commissioning background preferred
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.