Randstad Engineering is conducting a Manufacturing Engineer professional search for an aerospace client in southern Florida. The ideal candidate will hold a degree in Manufacturing Engineering and have 2+ years manufacturing work experience preferably in aerospace where they have applied Lean manufacturing principles in their work. This role will ensure maximum cost effectiveness and reliability of the manufacturing processes and workflow while determining the methods and sequences of operations for moderately complex products, machine parts and assemblies; ensuring that products and processes meet customer quality requirements.
location: NAPLES, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,500 - 75,500 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Evaluates moderately complex manufacturing processes by
- Conducting process analysis
- Applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials
- Conferring with suppliers
- Soliciting observations from operators/production technicians
- Develop moderately complex manufacturing processes by
- Studying product requirements
- Researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment
- Conferring with equipment suppliers
- Providing producibility input and manufacturing plans for product design or modification
- Prepare work instructions, communications of manufacturing requirements for production personnel, written and graphical
- Refine, enhance products and processes by applying continuous improvement and key lean manufacturing, methodologies to production.
- May be assigned to special projects for a variety of products and processes.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout
- Assure process control and reliability for assigned areas
- Coordinate input and recommendations then implement changes that may cross multiple teams or production areas
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods, testing finished product and process capabilities, and establishing standards to confirm and validate manufacturing process requirements.
- Determine root cause of failure using statistical methods (e.g. design of experiment, statistical process control) that may result in changes in design, tolerances, or processing methods
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor standards, and material costs, reviewing production schedules, and estimating future requirements
- May serve as liaison to supplier base
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. Present findings and underlying rationale to team, supplier, or customer.
- May maintain product and process database by writing computer programs, travelers, operation sheets, and entering data
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing industry networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, participating in professional associations
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements (e.g. environmental, safety, etc.) by studying existing and new legislation, ensuring adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions
- Share specialized knowledge with others
- Represent company on specific projects.
- Mentor new employees.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional (e.g. quality, design, or test engineering) or project team responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree (BS) in Manufacturing Engineering or related engineering field
- 2+ years related work experience
- Aerospace industry experience
- Lean manufacturing training and practical work experience
- Society of Manufacturing Engineering (SME) and/or Mechanical Engineering (ASME) certification, preferred
- Ability to effectively apply continuous improvement methods to quality and manufacturing functions (e.g. pull systems, process mapping, JIT).
- Ability to work effectively with CAD/CAM systems or other computer aided manufacturing systems.
- Ability to work on a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of the situation or data requires thorough identification of factors and analysis of impact.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering drawings, technical manuals and policies and recommend changes to procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to all levels of key stake holder including senior leaders
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal-setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.