Client is seeking an Associate Manufacturing Engineer in the Watertown CT area. Candidates that are interested must have a Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent. Candidates must also have knowledge of proven manufacturing processes (machining, secondary operations, broaching, piercing, & precision assembly) along with problem solving skills using techniques such as Shainen Problem Solving Techniques, DOE, Six Sigma, or 8 Discipline Problem Solving. Organizational skills and project management experience is necessary for this position. If you are interested in applying please do so today and call us directly. Thank you.
location: Watertown, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Provides direct support to facilities, manufacturing equipment, production processes, maintenance and safety; provides production support 50% of time.
- Designs, develops, tests, sources, cost justifies, and installs various tools, modifications, fixturing, machinery and equipment for production to increase safety, throughput, quality, capacity, and reliability. Manage the completion of those projects from conception through evaluation, justification, purchase, and implementation.
- Works with, schedules, manages, and supervises outside contractors, (electrical, mechanical, PLC programming, construction, plumbing, HVAC, building, etc...), to resolve material and/or equipment problems and to research & implement upgrades, new tools and operating procedures.
- Works with Operators, Supervisors, Maintenance and QA department to improve processes and troubleshoot equipment repair, and maintenance.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding Setters & Operators.
- Champion continuous improvement projects to enhance safety, yield, consistency, quality, performance, reliability, equipment capacity and processes.
- Create and execute project plans and work with all levels of the organization to meet Project timing and budget.
- Work closely with Applications Engineers to ensure manufacturability and cost effectiveness of new product designs.
- Provide well-defined process prints and PFMEA documentation while meeting TS16949 APQP requirements.
- Ensure all projects are launched with TPS principles, (Lean Mfg.), and strive to manufacture products one at a time, on demand, defect free at lowest cost. Support new programs and cost improvement projects up to one year after launch to achieve 95% operational availability, less than 1% scrap and zero customer issues.
- Develop and implement OEE Action Plans
- Eliminate roadblocks such as capacity increase and demand variation to meet demand
- Train and certify Machine Setters on preventative maintenance and documentation
- Model cooperation and teamwork
- Responsible for accuracy of equipment and tooling
- Participate in problem solving/cross functional teams
- Create, Review and approve WPI's
- Investigate, record and prepare safety incident reports, and reinforce safety behaviors
- Ensure a safe working environment
- Understand what tooling is being consumed and react to abnormalities
- Ensures manufacturing practices are current, consistent and compliant with Policies and Procedures, all external state/federal regulations and customer requirements
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.