Client is seeking a 2nd Shift Production Supervisor within the Watertown CT area. Candidates that are interested will need to have a HS Degree (AS Degree in Technical area preferred) and 2+ years' experience in a high volume or labor intensive technical manufacturing work environment. Automotive industry is preferred. Or Bachelor's Degree in technical field of study. A demonstrated leadership or supervisory experience along with Lean Six Sigma principles is preferred. If you are interested in this position please apply and contact us today. Thank you.
location: Watertown, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 3pm to 12am
- Work closely with all members of organization to ensure that objectives are exceeded. This includes working with the leadership team in setting priorities and properly deploying resources.
- Model and develop cooperation and teamwork while leading a diverse group of people, working towards solutions which balance business, customer, and associate needs.
- Meet internal and external customers' needs in a timely and efficient manner that provides customer satisfaction through the effective use of resources including but not limited to delivery of production schedule using combination charts, capacity planning, monitoring WIP, analyzing scrap and develop action plans, processing controls and developing overtime resources.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Operational Excellence through fostering and promoting an environment of continuous improvement.
- Use appropriate interpersonal skills and methods to gain agreement or acceptance of EH&S programs and procedures, as well as to gain agreement or acceptance of the company programs, policies and processes.
- Regularly communicate to associates (individually and in team meetings) to provide critical information regarding customer/production issues, managing and scheduling overtime, changes to procedures/processes and other noteworthy events.
- Lead or actively participate in problem solving initiatives (root cause analysis, 5S, Kaizen events or other lean manufacturing events). Ensure that employees are reinforcing 5S (housekeeping) behaviors and analyzing and classifying scrap daily, by shift.
- Ensures manufacturing practices are current, consistent and compliant with Policies and Procedures, all external state/federal regulations and customer requirements.
- Demonstrate and model a clear understanding of Safety and Quality requirements which include but are not limited to:
- Conducting Monthly Compliance Audits for Safety, Quality (daily and quarterly), Layered Process, and 5S as required.
- Investigate record and prepare safety incident reports.
- Train Associates on Safety Procedures, ensure a safe and organized work environment and police PPE procedures.
- Utilize PLEX for materials resource planning and ensure employees train others in the PLEX system, follow processes, utilize reporting, troubleshoot issues and fix mistakes.
- Train and develop hourly manufacturing employees; including but not limited to on the job training, cross training coverage, safe work habits and good housekeeping.
- Responsible for addressing and resolving employee concerns, whether directly or indirectly disclosed; and manage conflict between employees.
- Partner with HR to Manage Promotions, Terminations and Transfers
- Strive to improve the skills of associates by providing clear performance expectations, specific feedback on behaviors, effective coaching and mentoring, identifying and providing developmental opportunities, and accurate, timely performance appraisals.
- Authorize production personnel's time and attendance. Manage absence issues and coach/discipline as needed.
- Assure the effectiveness and accuracy of equipment and tooling used in the manufacturing operation. Expedite, prioritize, and coordinate repairs and/or replacement with department and plant maintenance and engineering groups.
- Monitor, create and complete the appropriate response(s) to Production data requests.
- Ensures products conform to quality standards by taking the following actions:
- Initiates corrective action to prevent product non-conformance.
- Identifies, records and manages product quality problems (NCR's and CAPA's).
- Initiates and recommends solutions through the corrective action process.
- Provide appropriate responses and support when involved in NCR's or CAPA's; verifies solutions.
- Control further processing, delivery or installation of non-conforming product until it is corrected.
- Maximizes all resources with respect to space, parts, machinery and people.
- Champion Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) reviews for their responsible cells and drive improvements. This includes but is not limited to: OEE analysis, tracking, developing and implementing OEE Action Plans.
- Manage and maintain Inventory accuracy between cells, review and approve documentation (WIP).
- Execute Production Planning
- Eliminate roadblocks to meet demand (capacity increase, demand variation)
- Manage recovery plans
- Ensure PM Schedules are complete
- Ensure that employees perform machine changeover
- Ensure that employees are performing corrective maintenance. Ensure that machine repair is expedited, prioritized, coordinated and managed with maintenance and engineering.
- Ensure that employees are repairing and troubleshooting equipment
- Ensure employees are managing cycle counting
- Give feedback to manufacturing engineers on routing issues
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.