Permanent Position: A Project Manager with 8+ years of experience managing projects for higher education facilities, K-12 and/or federal buildings is needed for a prominent Design, Build firm in Jacksonville, FL. The ideal candidate will have experience working closely with customers, business developers, and design project managers to ensure projects are competitively bid and meet the needs of the client. This position is based in Jacksonville, FL and will complete commercial projects nationwide.
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Project Setup to include budget, contracts, insurance, communicating and evaluating the developed project specifications, risk analysis, review or drawings and documents, developing an overall project schedule, estimate, communicate, and plan for field resources, and obtaining necessary permits and business licenses
- Project Planning to include meeting with developers, superintendents, and subcontractors, labor planning, quality control inspections, and employee safety meetings
- Project Buyout to include bidding and buyout of purchase orders and subcontracts, material takeoffs and budget vs. actual cost analysis, and generating field PO plan
- Project Documentation, Control, and Reporting
- Project Closeout to include punchlist management, general contract and subcontract lien releases, follow0up quality control meetings, and customer walkthrough and handover
- Travel: 25%, may require extended travel of up to two weeks
- BS Degree in relevant discipline; Building Construction preferred
- Minimum 8 years project management experience
- Candidate should bring subject matter expertise in educational construction
- Experience working in Florida K-12 facilities or public university/college environments on active campus facilities preferred
- Experience in negotiating contracts upstream to owners and downstream to subcontractor partners
- Experience in buying out projects and negotiating scopes of work with subcontractors
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.