A global leading developer of autonomous drones for the defense industry is looking for a Robotics Software Engineer to join their team near New Rochelle, New York. This developer brought two drones to the market in 2021 and has plans to bring two more rigs to the market in 2022. This Engineer will will help the Autonomy team in researching, designing, and developing the best autonomy algorithms and software in autonomous drone technology.
Starting salary is commensurate with experience up to $200K plus relocation assistance and great health/retirement benefits.
**All applicants must be able to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance**
location: New Rochelle, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $125,000 - 200,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Works closely with other Autonomy Engineers in the team to help research, prototype and implement algorithms and software.
- Performs sensor characterization, research, calibration and modeling.
- Researches, develops, and provides technical oversight to the development of Computer Vision based Perception, Prediction, Machine Learning, Object Detection & Recognition, Path Planning, Trajectory Generation, and Control algorithms for autonomous flight.
- Designs algorithms and simulates in MATLAB / Simulink, ROS, Gazebo, etc. platforms.
- Writes space and time optimized software in C/C++ and parallel software in CUDA / OpenCL.
- Assists with validation efforts for algorithms and software.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Masters
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.