- Fortune 180 company
- 92% employee retention
- No layoff in company history
- 26,000 employees
- US based company
- Bonus eligible PLUS Generous profit sharing program
- Relocation assistance
1. BS Degree in Metallurgical Engineering / Materials Science or equivalent experience
2. Experience as a Product or Process Metallurgist - full time or Co-op or internship desired.
1. Steel production or primary metals manufacturing experience
2. Knowledge of ASTM standards related to SBQ products Steel product and application experience (5 years or more), preferably with industries that utilize SBQ/Engineered bar products, including automotive, oil and gas, heavy equipment, agriculture, and defense.
3. Previous technical service experience.
location: MEMPHIS, Tennessee
job type: Permanent
salary: $78,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
1. Responsible for performing technical review of customer RFQs, responding to customer concerns/complaints, and general questions with the necessary urgency.
2. Utilize, maintain, and improve product specification databases/systems, ensure that internal specifications and instructions are set up properly to meet customer requirements.
3. Work closely with teammates across functional areas to identify and correct root causes of product problems, including customer feedback and complaints.
4. Responsible for organizing and maintaining PPAP documentation for assigned customers.
5. Identify and drive continuous improvement projects based on customer feedback, product quality data, productivity goals and cost reduction targets.
6. Establish and grow relationships with customer representatives while executing Technical Service function to advance our mission of Commercial Excellence.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.