A Engineer is needed for a world class utility company in the Fort Wayne, IN area. This position is responsible to the assigned supervisor for performing intermediate level engineering work activities and projects requiring the application of engineering knowledge in a safe, effective, efficient and economic accomplishment of assigned objectives.
location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
job type: Contract
salary: $28.57 - 39.28 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Technical Expertise: Possesses intermediate level knowledge and performs varied assignments with proficiency in the application of theory and analytical techniques to solve diverse problems and complete extensive analysis. Demonstrates competency in analytical techniques necessary to handle assignments of moderate complexity. (e.g., by dividing the problem into component steps, and performing the analysis necessary to complete each step). Exhibits ability to understand interrelationship between systems and component equipment. Demonstrate ability to analyze and recommend enhancements to business processes.
- Leadership & Guidance: Coordinates work activities of others within the work group, department, or other corporate entity as necessary to complete routine activities. Performs routine engineering activity with minimum direction from higher-level employees. Follows policies, practices, standards and rules of the company and those regulations and procedures required by external agencies. Provides training and guidance to lower-level employees.
- Planning & Organization Ability: Coordinates the development of input necessary to forecast costs for the routine projects, improvements requisitions, etc. Uses scheduling techniques (CPM, PERT, flow charts, etc.) for budget and planning activities. Initiates corrective action when project objectives are not being met.
- Problem Solving & Initiative: Resolves and initiates solutions to routine problems which usually require additional definition/clarification before analysis can begin. Demonstrates ability to identify problems that are beyond the normal routine. Demonstrates ability and desire to seek out opportunities and embrace new ideas and approaches.
- Communication: Develops, reviews, or presents technical reports such as improvement requisitions, studies, and analyses in as clear, concise and effective fashion.
- Has typically acquired 2 or more years of related engineering experience along with a Bachelor's degree in engineering in a program accredited by ABET; Individuals with a Master's degree in engineering from an engineering program accredited by ABET may be considered for entry into the organization at this level.
- ABET - Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology.
- Acceptable alternatives are (1. a Bachelor's degree in engineering (non-ABET), plus a Professional Engineers (PE) license in any state of the U.S. or (2. a Bachelor's degree in engineering (non-ABET) plus a Master's degree or PhD in engineering from a university with an ABET accredited Bachelor's program.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.