Industry leading and growing manufacturing company is looking for a promotable VP Corporate Accounting in the Sarasota area. We are looking for candidates who have a desire looking to be groomed to become a CFO.
This role comes with a very competitive compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $200k to $300k plus an excellent bonus plan and LTIP. Full relocation assistance is also available.
All candidates must have a CPA along with a background working in a public owned manufacturing organization with a focus on SOX, SEC reporting, 10K's and 10Q's and presenting to BOD (board of directors) along with a solid background in GAAP.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Sarasota, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $200,000 - 300,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Lead the month-end close process, related accounting staff, six industrial manufacturing plants and a corporate office.
- Establish, implement, and monitor appropriate internal controls and policies to ensure conformance and compliance with U.S. GAAP and other statutory requirements (Sarbanes-Oxley).
- Participate and lead the quarterly review and annual year-end audit process with the external auditors.
- Assist with various internal and external reporting requirements including debt compliance matters (incremental to SEC Reporting requirements).
- Deliver statements with associated footnotes and assist with preparation of SEC filings and other statutory requirements with primary emphasis on 10Qs, 10Ks, Proxy Statement, and 8Ks associated with financial filings.
- Consolidate operations and report on operational variances to forecast.
- Develop and lead 2-4 direct reports and indirect staff.
- Lead annual budget process and perform and create financial analysis.
- Lead financial risk management function and related risk mitigation/transfer activities.
- Perform other duties & projects as assigned.
- Management of up to six direct reports
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 10+ years related experience (with at least 5 years public company experience and 3 years public accounting experience).
- CPA required
- Experience and strong knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- Stock compensation
- Technical research
- Inventory cost accounting
- Ability to carry out assigned tasks timely and efficiently
- Must be a working manager, capable of operating in a fast-paced environment, able to handle pressure well, be self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Flexible, strategic team player with infallible integrity and ethical standards
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
- Proven track record in adding value to companies and executive staff
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- MBA preferred
- This person needs to be able to communicate at all levels within the company in both spoken and written form.
- This person must be able to draft memos and presentations that will be seen by the executive group and Board of Directors.
- This person must be able to present to the Executive group and the Board.
- To conduct the analysis required by the job, this person must be able to do all basic math functions, as well as use math skills to create meaningful analysis that will stand up well to outside challenges.
- Must be able to think in a clear, logical manner
Ability to travel occasionally domestically.
Occasional: activity exists less than 1/3 of the time.
Frequent: activity exists 1/3 and 2/3 of the time.
- Experience level: Executive
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.