Our client, a Fortune 500 innovative company, is seeking an Embedded Controls Engineer to add to their Richland, MI team. They will work to build embedded applications for the Industrial IoT, and will be responsible for the design, development, and deployment life cycle of embedded systems. This role is familiar with a range of embedded systems, from microprocessor and microcontroller architectures throguh networking technologies for local as well as wide area networks.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, and 1-3 years of related experience in new product design and project management. They must have proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and CAD software. Experience with embedded software programming using C/C++ languages on PC platforms under DOS and/ or Windows as well as 1-3 years of experience with Simulink/ MatLab is nice to have as well.
Relocation is provided for the right candidate.
location: Richland, Michigan
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Lead efforts to design and engineer control systems in associated markets for the purpose of seamless integration of the various components of the system.
- Identify industry specifications and determine conformance.
- Develop control systems interface, maintenance, and training approaches and documentation including functional diagrams, schematics, interface control documents, reports of performance, function, safety, and reliability requirements analysis, system function, and/or existing technology/manufacturing capability.
- Furnish all controls-related hardware and peripherals.
- Design web-based user interface for view by engineers, support and service technicians, and end users.
- Provide technical support for system installation as needed. Support Parker sales and divisions in customer technical visits. Provide on-site controls system commissioning when requested.
- Keep informed of new technologies, developments, products, applications and competitor trends. Identify and recommend new products, solutions, technical brochures and engineering/ application data needs to comply with industry needs.
- Utilize companies systems to insure system reliability.
- Facilitate and participate in system FMEAs and the development process.
- Work in close harmony with other divisions and sales management in making this company the number one systems solution provider.
- Help elevate company image with global OEM advanced engineering teams.
- Lead or participate in studies to evaluate or determine feasibility of new or modified equipment and related systems considering technical and economic factors, available resources, time constraints, and customer impact.
- Present study results and recommendations to appropriate people.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.