Manufacturer in Canton, OH is seeking a Mechanical Designer to design machine elements and complex assemblies. The ideal candidate will have at least 3+ years of experience with automation, motion control and complex machine design. Solidworks experience required. Tooling design a plus.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Canton, Ohio
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Produce complete assembly and detail drawings for automated machinery and tooling using Solidworks
- Interface with vendors/suppliers regarding parts deviation.
- Participate in meetings with suppliers and customers
- Assist in creation and updates of machinery manuals.
- Interface with shop floor assembly technicians to review design criteria/specifications, continuous improvement initiatives, andtroubleshooting.
- Chair design review meetings for part and assembly designs.
- Construct/edit BOM's electronically through ERP and CAD systems.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering with emphasis on Machine Design preferred.
- Associate degree with relevant experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of good modeling/drafting practices and GD&T tolerancing required.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience with automation, motion control and complex machine design
- Tool & Die design experience is beneficial, as well as PLC based electromechanical designs
- 3D Solidworks solid modeling proficiency required as well as 2D Autocad
- MS Office software experience required
- Ability to take ownership for project completion, cost and success
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well independently and with a team
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.