Fortune 100 company in the Engineering and Construction industry is hiring a staff-level Mechanical Designer to join their team in Atlanta, GA. This is a truly great opportunity with an industry leader in the construction/engineering field. Year after year they are acknowledged as one of the best companies to work for in the United States. They are 100 percent employee-owned and have excellent career paths for employees. This role is temp to hire.
Apply now for immediate consideration!
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Contract
salary: $33 - 43 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Produce complete PFDs and P&IDs from verbal or written description from the design engineer.
- Execute basic formulas, principles and practices, and use acquired knowledge of fundamental concepts and practices pertaining to the mechanical discipline.
- Plan and develop drawings for production work including problem analysis, design layout and calculations on non-routine assignments of substantial variety and complexity.
- Execute variety of mechanical design assignments using prescribed methods and standard techniques including drawing sequence and presentation, sizing various system components and refining rough sketches.
- Execute changes to designs or sketches and redlines or mark-ups on ongoing projects.
- Analyze reports, drawings, and tests to plan and design projects.
- Interpret and incorporate design codes and specifications related to design requirements.
- Review design drawings for quality assurance within scope, budget and schedule. Perform projects tasks and assignments within budgeted hours and deadlines.
- Compute calculations for layouts, equipment, wiring diagrams, and schematics.
- Responsible for the revisions of project drawings, plot files and project-related information are stored in a logical and well-structured manner.
- Responsible for clear and concise written and verbal communications, as it relates to the project client coordination.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.