Our client, a global leader in the logistics, warehouse & distribution technology space, is seeking an Industrial Engineer for their Chicago area location. A Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering or another applicable engineering discipline and 3-5 years of experience with process improvement for supply chain, logistics and warehouse, as well as extensive exposure to lean methodology, facility layout/design, process flow are all key requirements. Six Sigma certification and/or MOST engineering standards certification are big plusses.
location: Carol Stream, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Responsible for developing and maintaining supply chain and logistics processes for a variety of warehousing and distribution center operations. Conduct special projects to achieve improved methods, optimize process flow to facilitate efficient put-away, order fulfillment, shipping, and space utilization. Plan, coordinate and assist with execution of redesign and redevelopment of optimal distribution center practices. The job would include labor standards/cost impact of various process implementations/changes, labor models to support same, and capacity constraint identification.
- Develop processes and procedures to enhance and optimize distribution center operations
- Conduct special projects to achieve improved methods, layout, and workflow
- Evaluate and develop distribution center storage practices and support re-arrangement activities
- Review, analyze, and support storage and material handling changes/implementation that increase safety, efficiency, quality, and reduce operating expenses.
- Support development and implementation of engineered labor standards in assigned distribution center functions and ensure reporting mechanisms to measure actual performance to standard.
- Provide training and support operations on the proper use of engineering labor standards for costing, staffing, and performance measurement.
- Investigate new technologies & equipment to improve efficiencies of processes
- Support continuous improvement initiatives using LEAN management methodologies
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.