Inventory Specialist with solid experience working in a manufacturing environment. Well established industrial distributor of cutting tools is seeking an Inventory Specialist for a direct hire career opportunity based in south central Michigan. Candidate will work at the customer site to help manage the inventory of specialty cutting tools, track tool usage using Excel & and other software applications, and purchase materials to maintain inventories as required. This is a customer facing role - candidate must have solid communication skills and a customer care mentality.
location: Hillsdale, Michigan
job type: Permanent
salary: $35,000 - 40,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
- Candidate will work at a customer site manage the inventory of specialty cutting tools
- Track tool usage using Excel & and other software applications, and purchase materials to maintain inventories as required
- Monitor and track quality issues by supplier
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment required - any specific experience with or knowledge of CNC tooling a plus, but not required
- Tool crib or parts room experience a plus.
- Microsoft Office experience desired, with emphasis on Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Good people skills
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: No Degree Required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.