A Custom Order Design Engineer in the Sumter, SC area is needed for a multinational power management company. The Senior Custom Order Design Engineer will be based in Sumter, SC at the product line headquarters for our panel board and switchboard products. The Senior Engineer will engineer custom orders using AutoCad and other 3D tools, schematics, and wiring diagrams while working with our Care team, application engineers, and switchboard technicians.
location: Sumter, South Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $21.45 - 35.10 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Interpret detailed non-standard customer requirements and translate them, as closely as possible into previously established standards. Contact field sales and/or the end customer or Consulting Engineer as required to ensuring accurate interpretation of the intent of the specifications.
- Interpret detailed written descriptions of operating sequences and convert them to control and protection schematics.
- Coordinate mechanical and electrical interfaces with other products.
- Complete all phases of the COE engineering process to insure accurate and timely completion of Customer Approval (CA) and Manufacturing Information (MI) drawings.
- Consult with Plant and Field Sales Engineers in interpreting and defining new equipment applications.
- Conduct special development/application projects.
- Conduct technical training for the plant Product Sales Engineers and Technicians.
- Proactively participate on cross functional teams in support of implementing lean manufacturing strategies, including front end business process improvement.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of the full breadth of product line offering, including complex wiring and design applications in order to provide exceptional solution selling support to field sales and/or channel partners.
- Interface with the Design Engineering dept as necessary for development of switchboard custom designs.
- Interface with Quality/Warranty Department to ensure continued post-shipment customer support.
- Support the Quality Dept through assisting in troubleshooting problems during electrical testing and developing test procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- 2 years of experience in design engineering
- 1 year of PLC Programming experience
- Experience with MRP/ERP Systems
- Experience with Eaton systems: VISTA, Bid Manager, AS-400, ENOVIA & DMM
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated technical and application knowledge of switchboards
- Demonstrated proficiency in verbal & written communications, organizational & computer skills
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.