Global Manufacturer is seeking a direct-hire Modeling and Simulation Engineer. This position is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The Modeling and Simulation Engineer will apply experimental and computational methods to develop reliable transport HVAC product designs, as well as address structural and vibration problems with existing products.
Salary is commensurate with experience ranging up to $160K, plus a bonus opportunity, relocation, and other great benefits!
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 160,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Plan, conduct, and supervise various structural and vibration tests, including shaker table, structural modal analysis, steady state and transient vibration, rotating machinery, tensile test, material fatigue, over-the-road and test track data collection and analysis
- Plan, conduct, and supervise work related to developing structural simulation models - Scope includes prediction of fatigue life, stress, displacement, and vibration, using implicit and explicit finite element (FEA) and multibody (MBD) simulation methods
- Develop standard work and design guidelines related to structural design of components and joints, including fasteners and material selections
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.