Contract position: Engineering & Construction client is looking for a few Right of Way/Land Title Specialist for long term contract positions with potential to go direct. You will support electric utility transmission & distribution line construction projects in the Glen Allen, VA area. You need 2-15+ years of relevant Right of Way experience focused on title research with a good understanding of deeds, easements and right of entry. Ideal candidate has experience with linear construction project (T&D, railway, cable, telecom, transportation, or similar). Client is looking for candidates who are local to the area.
location: Glen Allen, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $23 - 36 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Performs legal title examination, survey or legal description writings.
- Using working knowledge of real estate law along with engineering knowledge in applying solutions to acquisition projects.
- The review and interpretation of engineering drawings, site plans and legal descriptions in connection with the preparation of legal documents; and the review, tracking and processing of easement documents.
- Lead and maintain the document control and retention process for easement acquisition process.
- Obtains appraisal and preliminary title reports prepared by independent appraisers and title companies to determine present and future value of property affected by proposed facilities; makes recommendations regarding appraised value for purchase or acquisition of easements and fee title.
- Conducts negotiations with property owners for the acquisition of rights of way, easements, construction easements, facilities and appurtenances; prepares and reviews legal descriptions, easement documents, deeds and other documents associated with property acquisition or sale; prepares agenda items for approval of land purchases and right of way acquisitions.
- Assists with the condemnation process where necessary; prepares legal documents for inclusion in condemnation packages submitted to court.
- Conducts or directs the recordation of legal documents for easement acquisitions; prepares and maintains records of property purchase or sale and acquisition easements for right of way.
- Assists in preparing reports for weekly project status meetings and reports on the status of right of way acquisition and research progress.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.