Growing manufacturer in Uhrichsville is seeking an experienced Engineering Supervisor to add to their team. The Engineering Supervisor will improve the EHS, production, quality and cost performance at the plant. The ideal candidate will have a B.S. in Electrical, Automation, or Mechanical Engineering (Master's preferred) and at least 5 years of experience in a supervisory role in manufacturing.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Uhrichsville, Ohio
job type: Permanent
salary: $95,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Develop methods, procedures and people to support the optimization of the processes on both sides of the plant.
- Be accountable for the education of the workforce in the disciplines of Engineering / Reliability and will interact with all functions, both internal and external
- Develop, submit and manage an annual five (5) year capital plan, which supports the growth and sustainability of the manufacturing unit's business objectives.
- Ensure engineering support, expertise and guidance is given to the Reliability Organization to develop an appropriate Manufacturing Unit Reliability Master Plan.
- Direct the manufacturing unit in implementing and practicing good safe working practices through compliance with all federal, state and local programs, procedures, and regulations.
- Assist the engineering/reliability organization in coordinating and performing Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) for all significant failures in the facility.
- Interact with operators, mechanics, electricians, planner, process leaders, shift specialist and reliability leaders on a regular basis
- Assess the current assets, relative to its life cycle and capability in achieving the business plan and recommend appropriate equipment changes
- Review and develop, in conjunction with HR, appropriate succession plans and hiring procedures and practices for the engineering organization.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to members of the organization
- Provide leadership and guidance to ensure engineering/reliability activities related to process center improvement activities are supported and funded appropriately, to ensure they are completed in a timely manner, on budget and sustained.
- Help establish and implement maintenance, operational, and capital budgets along with performance objectives, development plans, goals and programs
- B.S. in Electrical, Controls, Automation or Mechanical Engineering required, Master's Degree preferred, as well as PE certification
- 5+ years of work experience in the field of engineering in manufacturing
- Previous supervisory, leadership or management experience required
- Ability to manage conflict effectively, as well as prioritize workload
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform root-cause-analysis on equipment and process issues, related to rolling and process equipment.
- Proficient in the fundamentals of reliability such that the position can help establish appropriate PM's and PdM's for process equipment.
- Understanding of advanced engineering and diagnostic tools such as Finite Element Analysis, vibrations analysis, lubrication analysis, FFT, etc.
- Excellent ability to manage all types of projects and administer the Capital Expenditure Budget.
- AutoCAD experience required
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.