We are actively seeking a talented individual to join our team as an EO/IR Systems Engineer within the imaging technology industry for a permanent job opportunity. If you are actively looking for a new job and interested in this opportunity, please apply to the posting and we will be in touch with you soon.
location: North Billerica, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $140,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Responsible for systems engineering leadership and support of technical projects which promote the advancement of the surveillance product lines. Participates in defining requirements, system architecture, planning, error budgets, modeling, design analysis and trades, and product verification. Conducts analysis, investigations and testing of considerable complexity both in product development and production issues. Lead systems work on multidiscipline projects of considerable complexity and contribute technically to the project's success with experience in EO/IR sensors & optical systems engineering.
- Lead and contribute to all aspects of systems engineering efforts for the development of EO/IR sensor products in the areas of concept definition, system architecture, requirements development, radiometric systems design & analysis, optical engineering, performance modeling, prototype testing, troubleshooting and performance verification.
- Create requirements, specifications, test plans and procedures for systems with emphasis on sensor technology, optical systems, and system integration and test. Develop flow down specifications for systems and subsystems.
- Participate in project planning with measurable milestone and regular progress reporting.
- Perform range and optical analyses and lead/contribute to optical systems development and image sensor selection for the product groups.
- Create and present technical papers, reports, analysis, and proposals to both internal and external personnel.
- Provide interdisciplinary design & product support. Provide systems engineering support and coordination for ensuring optical, mechanical, software, and electrical design conformance to requirements of the overall system. As a key member of the development team, ensure that the design implementation will meet specifications. Responsible for relevant systems engineering portions of the New Product Introduction (NPI) process, Design for Manufacturability (DFM), and support of First Article Inspection (FAI) efforts, as requested.
- Responsible for leading and supporting extensive laboratory testing and qualification efforts for new and existing optical systems and EO/IR sensor products. Develop all necessary test plans and procedures, perform data collection, analyze data, and document results.
- Good working knowledge and experience in optical engineering sciences. Optical systems analysis, alignment techniques, and experience with optical telescope measurements. Working knowledge of ZEMAX and other lens design software is preferred.
- Support FPA engineering activities (both design verification and production product support). Some background and working knowledge of IR detectors (InSb, MCT, uncooled microbolometers, InGaAs, QWIP, SLS, etc.) to include NIR, SWIR, MWIR and LWIR bands. Experience with color and low-light image sensors.
- Prefer some experience and general working knowledge of Solid-State Laser systems (i.e., pointers, illuminators, range finders and designators). Willingness and ability to conduct basic lab measurements of these devices and sensor payloads.
- Support Business Development and Sales in the areas of new customer requirements analysis, proposal writing, sensor performance modeling and fielding technical inquiries.
- Provide systems engineering support to manufacturing, production and customer service groups, as needed, in support of existing products. Take a leading role in troubleshooting technical issues.
- BS in physics, engineering, or optical science.
- Advance degree preferred.
- 10 years' experience in EO/IR imaging systems product design and development with some related experience with lasers.
- Proven systems leadership experience through several projects.
- Familiar with military system requirements, modeling, validation, and qualification.
- Familiar with one of more of the following design and analysis packages used for optical engineering and systems engineering (including: NVTHERM/NV-IPM, SSCAM, DOORS, IRWindows 4, NVLabCap, MODTRAN, ZEMAX, FRED, MATLAB, MathCad, and Excel).
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with internal team, management, vendors, and customers
- Ability to represent the company in a wide range of business situations.
- Ability to obtain a US Security Clearance.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.