We are actively seeking a talented individual to join our team as a Sr. Electronics Design Engineer within the imaging technology industry for a permanent job opportunity. If you are actively looking for a new job and interested in this opportunity, please apply to the posting and we will be in touch with you soon.
location: North Billerica, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 170,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
As a key member of the product development team, you will perform complex digital circuit design for the next generation of thermal imaging products. Research component data sheets, create block diagrams, and present concepts to the engineering team for review. Implement designs using schematic capture tools and identify critical components and signals for PCB Layout Engineers. Also, lead the integration and debug of new designs and participate with the transfer of completed products to production.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Derive requirements for electronics design tasks from system specifications and by working with both internal and external customers.
- Perform system design trades relating to hardware and software.
- Design digital electronics including, but not limited to, digital video systems, Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA), DAC/ADC circuitry and microprocessors for system control/communications.
- Work with development teams including System, Software, Mechanical and PC layout engineers to refine requirements and interfaces.
- Work with Project/Program managers to define schedules and with Manufacturing to define test and assembly processes.
- Design verification including the creation of test plans, generation of test stimulus, running tests, debugging hardware and reporting results for the integration and production phase of products.
- Prepare and present design reviews to teams and other groups of customers.
- Generate schematics, layouts, BOMs and design rules to flow down board design requirements to PC board designer and work with board designer to develop high quality circuit card assemblies to be used inside EO/IR systems
- Work with vendors and purchasing to specify components.
- Responsible for releasing and maintaining complete design documentation according to procedures and supporting manufacturing and customers throughout the life of the product.
- Work closely with other designers as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- BS Electrical Engineering degree and 3-5 + years of experience in a digital electrical engineering role
- Current CAD tools for schematic capture, circuit simulation and design verification
- Understanding of issues relating to digital design, imaging, timing, synthesis etc.
- Video processing or Camera/Optical development
- Troubleshooting complex design problems and ability to explain a range of complex technical information
- Video processing or Camera/Optical development a plus
- Lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, meters, analyzers and power supplies
- Must be able to communicate complex technical information to others in a clear and effective manner orally and in writing using the English language
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and database management tools
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.