Our client within the medical device industry is looking for a talented individual to join their team as an Metrology Specialist for a long term contract opportunity with the ability to convert Perm. If you are actively in the job market and would like to learn more about this role, please apply to this posting and we will be in touch with you soon.
location: Lake Forest, California
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 25 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
This position works in a collaborative team environment providing measurement support for cutting-edge ophthalmic surgical equipment.
- Provides measurement data for the development of new medical device products.
- Investigates and evaluates measurement failures attributable to potential design failures.
- Plans, conducts, and provides technical metrology assistance to one or more projects of major importance and difficulty.
- Provides technical advice and recommendations to internal and/or external contacts.
- Uses analytical techniques and/or previous experience to identify the most appropriate option to adapt or improve existing approaches.
- Supports product development activities such as pilot builds, verification & validation activities, production tooling validation, and risk assessment.
- Proficiency with CMMs
- Proficiency with measurement system analysis and metrology techniques
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline with two years measurement methodology experience or 10 years of directly related experience
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.